New Code Library Feature not displaying all methods

Bug reports.
BSullivan

New Code Library Feature not displaying all methods

Post by BSullivan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:31 pm

Looking at the new Code Library feature, I am very excited as it lets the majority of my testers write more complex tests in Ranorex as they have little to no coding background.

However, after setting up my existing method libs with the new properties allowing them to be used via this new UI, I noticed that all of the methods that use enumerators as args are omitted from the list. Is this intentional or is there something that I am missing?

krstcs

Re: New Code Library Feature not displaying all methods

Post by krstcs » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Ranorex only recognizes a few specific types as possible parameters for Recording module action methods.

String
Boolean
DateTime
Duration
Int32
Rectangle
Timespan
Double
Adapter
RepoItemInfo

If your parameter is not one of these, then Ranorex will not recognize the method. This is an intentional design decision in order to ensure that the action table and methods are compatible. The action table cannot be extended to include custom classes or some more complex .NET classes due to issues of display and usage.

EDIT TO ADD: I got this list from the args dialog in the action table. If you add a user code method, there is an "Args..." button that opens up a dialog allowing you to enter variables and bind them. If you look at the drop-down on the "Add" button, this is the list of possible types.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

BSullivan

Re: New Code Library Feature not displaying all methods

Post by BSullivan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks for the help.

I assumed that it was just something that I was overlooking.