Bug reports.
Dennis

Windows 8.1 metro app; issue on hitting elements

Post by Dennis » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:49 pm

On my current setup to test a Windows 8.1 metro app as as follows:
Ranorex 5.3.1
Laptop screen (1920x1080, 15,6") as secondary monitor
Extended screen (1920x1080, 24") as primary monitor

First issue is when I have Ranorex studio on my primary monitor and the app under test on my secondary, my mouse pointer disappears when moving to my secondary, making me unaware where I am clicking.

As a workaround I run both the app under test and Ranorex on my primary monitor (split screen). Recording and playback goes well, but then comes my second issue: when I move the app to the secondary screen, ranorex us tapping centimeters away from the elements.
When using the spy to highlight the elements, it becomes clear where Ranorex wants to tap. However, when retrieving the screen shot with the spy, it is stil capable to picture the correct element.

What I finally want to achieve is automate my tests with Ranorex studio on my primary monitor, while having the app under test on my secondary, because the studio has too much information to work with on a small monitor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 8.1 metro app; issue on hitting elements

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi Dennis,

Could it be that the two monitors have different dpi settings?
If so, please set them to the same value.

Please do let me know if this solved the issue.

Thanks,
Markus

Dennis

Re: Windows 8.1 metro app; issue on hitting elements

Post by Dennis » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi Markus,

Setting the scaling the same for both screens did resolve the issue. I've set both to 100% and Ranorex now hits on the right spots.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Dennis