- check if an issued notification has been received
- share something on a social network
- change the system settings
Note: To automate system apps the setting 'Android OS Automation' has to be enabled. The setting can be found in the mobile section of the plugin specific settings in settings dialog.
Note: To speed up the test execution of system app automation you can disable the generation of screenshots for android. The setting can be found in the mobile section of the plugin specific settings in settings dialog.
- To automate system apps a USB connection has to be established.
- Highlighting on the device does not work for system apps
- Recording is not possible for system apps
Validate an Issued Notification
The following example will show how to validate a text in a received notification.
Create a new recording and open the Ranorex Spy. You will notice a node labeled 'MobileApp AndroidOS' at the application level in the object tree.
To navigate through the element tree you can either use the tree view. Another way to navigate is to use the image navigator which can be found at the bottom of the Overview/Advanced tab. Clicking a UI element selects it, double-clicking outside the selected element selects the parent.
To open the notification bar, a swipe action from the top of the screen has to be performed. Navigate to a tree element including the navigation bar in the representing screenshot and add this element to the repository using the context menu.
Add the specific element to the repository and add a validation action on the repository item as described before.
Additionally add a key press on the back button to return to the initial situation.
After adding these three actions, the recording is ready to be executed.
- Ranorex Studio - The Layout
- Lesson 1: Getting Started
- Lesson 2: Ranorex Modules - Test Actions
- Lesson 3: Data-Driven Testing
- Lesson 4: Ranorex Test Suite
- Lesson 5: Ranorex Recorder
- Lesson 6: UI Mapping with Ranorex Repository
- Lesson 7: Code Modules
- Lesson 8: Reporting
- Lesson 9: Ranorex Spy
- Ranorex Settings
- Ranorex Remote
- User Code Library
- Selenium WebDriver integration
- Code Examples
- Data Connectors
- Instrumentation Wizard
- Technology Instrumentation
- RanoreXPath Weight Rule Library
- Ranorex UI Adapter
- Mobile Testing
- Android Testing
- iOS Testing
- Web Testing
- Source Control
- Ranorex Studio IDE
- Visual Studio Integration
- System Requirements
- 64-bit Platforms
- Remotely Working with Ranorex
- Silent Installation of Ranorex
- XCOPY Deployment
- How to instructions