The Ranorex Automation Framework fully supports out-of-the-box test automation of Qt based applications.
- Qt Widgets: Qt version 4.5.3 or higher
- Qt Quick: Qt version 5.0.2 or higher
- Qt WebKit: Qt version 4.6.4 or higher
There is no need for a manual instrumentation, it will be done automatically.
Only dynamically linked Qt applications are supported.
To go back to MSAA (Microsoft Active Accessibility) and Qt Accessibility recognition, the 'Qt legacy automation mode' can be enabled in the 'Plug-In Specific Settings'.
When 'Qt legacy automation mode' has been enabled, MSAA support for your Qt application must be enabled to ensure that Ranorex can access UI elements and properties in the Qt application. This provides additional information on Qt UI elements to automation software like Ranorex and can be accomplished by shipping and loading the 'Accessible Plug-in' included in the Qt SDK (Software Development Kit) with the Qt application under test (see below).
Loading Accessible Plug-in for your Qt application:
- Copy the 'accessible' directory (and all its contents) from the Qt SDK (used to build the application under test) installation folder to the folder of the automated application (e.g. 'Program Files/Your-Application/plugins'). If you do not have access to the Qt SDK which the Qt application is developed with, please contact the developer of the application and request the 'accessible' directory from him.
- Create a file called 'qt.conf' (or append if the file already exists) in the root directory of the automated application (e.g. 'Program Files/Your-Application') with following content (copy and paste the following two lines):
Plugins = plugins
- Ranorex Studio - The Layout
- Lesson 1: Getting Started
- Lesson 2: Ranorex Modules - Test Actions
- Lesson 3: Data-Driven Testing
- Lesson 4: Ranorex Test Suite
- Lesson 5: Ranorex Recorder
- Lesson 6: UI Mapping with Ranorex Repository
- Lesson 7: Code Modules
- Lesson 8: Reporting
- Lesson 9: Ranorex Spy
- Ranorex Settings
- Code Examples
- Data Connectors
- Instrumentation Wizard
- Technology Instrumentation
- RanoreXPath Weight Rule Library
- Ranorex UI Adapter
- Mobile Testing
- Android Testing
- iOS Testing
- Web Testing
- Source Control
- Ranorex Studio IDE
- Visual Studio Integration
- System Requirements
- 64-bit Platforms
- Remotely Working with Ranorex
- Silent Installation of Ranorex
- XCOPY Deployment
- How to instructions