1 solution 2 project same recordings - Cyclic depency

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
Rikke Svendsen

1 solution 2 project same recordings - Cyclic depency

Post by Rikke Svendsen » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi,

I have search and read about the error message: Cyclic depency between project A and project B. But i could not get a valid answere for this case and all the questions were older than the new version.

We have updated to 8.3 and now we can have more than one rxtst files. But when i create a new rxtst file in project B and use recordings with datasource from project A it gives me the error meassage above. Do you have any solutions about this or can we not use recordings from another repository in the knew rxtst file?

Hope you can help me.

Best recards Rikke Svendsen

See the attachment.
Attachments
Ranorex picture.png
Ranorex picture.png (148.57 KiB) Viewed 45 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1 solution 2 project same recordings - Cyclic depency

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Hello Rikke,

A cyclic dependency means that that Project A is referencing Project B and Project B is referencing Project A. Having cyclic dependencies in your solution is not a good idea because it can cause some ugly side effects. When moving modules from one project to another, the reference of the source project will be added. I think this happens in your case.

If you don't use modules in Project A from Project B, please remove the reference of Project B in Project A.

The new feature in Ranorex 8.3 allows you to have multiple test suites inside one project. When moving modules from one TestSuite to another inside the same project, you will not get this type of error.

I hope my answer helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Bernhard