3.3.1 Web elements not allowing InvokeAction PerformClick

Bug reports.
krstcs

3.3.1 Web elements not allowing InvokeAction PerformClick

Post by krstcs » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Web elements are not allowing the selection of the "PerformClick" option when attempting to use InvokeAction in Studio.

1. Drag a web element (in my case a divtag) to the Recording screen.
2. Select "InvokeAction" from the options list.
3. PerformClick option is NOT available in the InvokeAction sub-menu even though I am able to invoke PerformClick on the object from Spy.

I CAN manually update the InvokeAction from EnsureVisible or Focus to PerformClick by typing "PerformClick" in the text area on the Recording table. I can also insert a blank InvokeAction action from the Recording "Add New Action" button and update it manually, but there is NO option for any web element to InvokeAction->PerformClick.

I have tried buttontag, divtag, etc., and none of them offer the PerformClick option in Studio, but they all allow it in Spy.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

krstcs

Re: 3.3.1 Web elements not allowing InvokeAction PerformClick

Post by krstcs » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:05 pm

I should add, the functionality was working in 3.3. I could drag a repository object (web element) to the recording table and select InvokeAction->PerformClick.

This appears to be an issue with Recorder not correctly identifying the Adapter Type of the Live Element.

Also, in the properties table for the repository objects there is not Live Element listed for the web elements that are selected, even though the element is active and found by Spy correctly.

In addition, it appears that all elements and all tests still function as expected, it is just the Studio Recording/Repository areas that are having issues with this.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 pm

I have worked through the issue a little further and found that I have to MANUALLY go through each web element in the repository and do the following:

1. Right-click the RepoItem.
2. Select "Highlight Element". (Elements are highlighted correctly.)
3. In the RepoItem properties, click the Adapter Type drop-down button.
4. DO NOT select an entry from the drop-down list, but leave it as {Default}.
5. Click in any other property field.
6. *The Live Element field will update at this point to reflect the actual element.
7. *Drag the RepoItem into the Recording table.
8. *Select InvokeAction from the actions pop-up menu.
9. *** PerformClick IS NOW shown CORRECTLY for the element.

I have to do this manual process for every element before it will recognize that the element can use the PerformClick action.

So, it appears that the automatic identification of live elements and adapter types is not running correctly. The manual process works, so the system is recognizing the adapters correct, but it isn't automatic like it was before.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:43 am

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report. It is hard to reproduce this issue since in our test there are no problems with getting the perform click action.

Basically PerformClick is a browser specific action.
Is it possible to get access to the webpage you are testing?

The behavior you described in your workaround is new for us.
In order to reproduce this issue we need more information about the browser version you use and the version of Ranorex which causes the issue.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Bernhard
Ranorex Support Team

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Configuration is as follows:

Windows 7 Pro x64
IE 8 (required due to customer environment)
Webpage is Oracle Forms based, and uses extjs and some custom javascript. (Unfortunately due to contractual agreement I can't give you access to/snapshot of the actual web app.)

As I said, the functionality worked fine in 3.3.

I have created a sample project from a publicly accessible extjs site (http[colon]//extjs[dot]wima[dot]co[dot]uk/example/1) that has the same problem. I am attaching the sample project so you can take a look at it.

In the Recording1.rxrec, when you attempt to drag the imgtag element (CountryComboboxButton repo item) it doesn't offer the option "PerformClick". The same think for the divtag element (CountryListItem repo item) under the CountryList folder. They only offer "Focus" and "EnsureVisible" invoke actions.

If you need anything else, please let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the Project.
I saw that the element CountryCombobox couldn't be found because the class name in the RxPath (@class='x-form-field-wrap x-form-field-trigger-wrap x-trigger-wrap-focus') was different than the class name of the element when I tracked it in Spy.
I corrected the path in that way that the element could be found an proofed it by highlighting the CountryComboboxButton.
After doing that, I dragged the CountryComboboxButton element into the recording and was able to select "PerformClick".

Regards,
Bernhard
Ranorex Support Team