[5.4.1] Bug with UAC confirmation

Bug reports.
jackrabbit

[5.4.1] Bug with UAC confirmation

Post by jackrabbit » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:43 pm

When I start my application located on a network drive, the first time I get a Windows UAC confirmation box asking me if I am sure I want to run this program. When I was using version 5.3.3, I was able to locate the YES button from this box and click on it to proceed with my test.

With version 5.4.1, Ranorex located the box an YES button, but when it clicks on it, nothing happens so my test fails. I uninstalled 5.4.1 and re-installed 5.3.3 and I was able to click on the YES button without any problems.

I am using Windows 7 with the UAC at the most secure setting.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [5.4.1] Bug with UAC confirmation

Post by Support Team » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:17 am

Hello jackrabbit,

Unfortunately, we can’t reproduce the mentioned behavior. May I ask how you tracked the UAC dialog? Also, please create a Ranorex snapshot of the mentioned dialog. Either upload it to the forum or send it to [email protected]

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Robert

jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:04 pm

Unfortunatly, I am no longer able to do any tests.

Ever since I downgraded from 5.4.1 to 5.3.4 to test this bug, all hell broke loose on my PC. I guess Ranorex 5.4.1 does not uninstall properly and I am left in between versions. I get all kinds of strange bugs with Ranorex, even after a fresh uninstall / reinstall.

I wrote to support.us yesterday and 24 hours later I did not even get any calls from them yet. I am currently stuck with a non-working copy of Ranorex. To make things worse, I am unable to go back to a Windows restore point, so I might have to do a full Windows reinstall ...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:32 pm

We are in contact with jackrabbit and we are analyzing the issue at the moment.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please let us know about it in this thread.

Please include your OS version, as well as, any details about your Ranorex Installation.

Regards,
Hansel