6.1.0 Can't add Package and can't add package sources

Bug reports.
wlijo

6.1.0 Can't add Package and can't add package sources

Post by wlijo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:36 pm

Hi to all,

I'm not able to add nuget v3 to my package sources

https://api.nuget.org/v3/index.json

On the other hand I can add Json.net package to my References because said 'Microsoft.CSharp' already has a dependency defined for 'System.Dynamic.Runtime', with SSH.NET I have the same problem.

I need to use ssh.net or another package to connect to my server to execute a .sh file, and this is very important to my.

I hope someone can help me.

Best regards,

Walter

krstcs

Re: 6.1.0 Can't add Package and can't add package sources

Post by krstcs » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:46 pm

This is, unfortunately, not an issue with Ranorex, but with SharpDevelop, upon which Ranorex is built. Ranorex just uses SharpDevelop's framework for Nuget package management, which is where this problem lies. You can add a new package source or try to fix it locally by following the suggestions on SharpDevelop's site (search for the error with "SharpDevelop" on Google). I have not had luck with any of the suggestions myself so I switched to a different source (the nuget v2 source).

Also, please ALWAYS include the following when posting issues, especially if posting a bug:

FULL Ranorex version number (for example: 6.0.2 or 6.1.0, which are currently supported)
Windows version
Full error message (preferably a screenshot of the error, or the full test report) including any stack traces
Technology of system under test, if applicable
Ranorex Snapshot of the system under test/element in question, if applicable
Ranorex Report, if applicable
Shortcuts usually aren't...

wlijo

Post by wlijo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi krstcs,

I have the pictures but I forgot to upload

Thanks for your answer, but I could not understand how to install Json.NET and SSH.NET, I only have Nuget V2 version.

Windows 10 Release 1607
Ranorex 6.1.0

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:41 pm

As I said, any issues with package management are due to SharpDevelop and are not a Ranorex issue. They will most likely not be able to help you because they did not change this part of the SharpDevelop system at all, they just imported it as-is.

It looks like you already have a version of the System.Dynamic.Runtime package referenced in your code and that the SSH.NET package needs a newer version. Check the Dependencies list.

What version of .NET are you using on your test project?
Shortcuts usually aren't...

wlijo

Post by wlijo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi krstcs,

In Project > Project Option > Compiling tab I'm using 4.0, but i change to 4.5 and 4.5.2 and it's the same.

I think I found the problem, when I want to install Json.NET or SSH.NET ask for Microsoft.CSharp (>= 4.0.1) and the only option that I have is to install 4.0.0.0

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:57 am

Hello wlijo,

You are right, you would need to use Visual Studio in order to install Microsoft.CSharp 4.0.1 via the package manager, since the current package manager version integrated in Ranorex Studio can't handle the package.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Robert