Accessibility of Syncfusion TreeViewAdv

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
kappa

Accessibility of Syncfusion TreeViewAdv

Post by kappa » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi,
I have enabled the IsAccessible property, in order to view the content of my treeview.
But I can see only the root node of it, not the other nodes (children nodes), with Ranorex Spy.
If I use, tool like, UISpy, I can explore all the content of my tree.
I use the TreeViewAdvDemo sample provided by Syncfusion.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accessibility of Syncfusion TreeViewAdv

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi,
I have enabled the IsAccessible property, in order to view the content of my treeview.
So do you have created your own custom control which derived from one of the Syncfusion controls or is just the tree of the mentioned demo not identifiable with Ranorex?
Please send us a Ranorex Snapshot file of the application under test, which includes the specific control?
Following link will show you how to generate a snapshot file.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

kappa

Post by kappa » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
So do you have created your own custom control which derived from one of the Syncfusion controls or is just the tree of the mentioned demo not identifiable with Ranorex?
It's the original SyncFusion sample called "TreeViewAdv demo"(using the SyncFusion TreeView control)

Please find therewith the Ranorex snapshot file.

Best regards

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi,

Sorry but there is no snapshot file attached. Please could you try it again.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

kappa

Post by kappa » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi,
Sorry but there is no snapshot file attached. Please could you try it again.
Ok, I try again. Is it ok?

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:59 pm

We have analyzed that issue and it looks like the MSAA implementation for the Syncfusion TreeViewAdv tree items is very unorthodox and partially broken. That results in Ranorex only showing the first level of tree items :?
We will consider such an uncommon implementation with the next Ranorex release, i.e. all tree items should show up in Ranorex Spy then. However, some attributes (like "Visible") will still not correctly work, since the Syncfusion tree items return false values for those properties.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

kappa

Post by kappa » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for your analysis.
And thank you in advance for the next Ranorex release taking in account the poor implementation of MSAA in the TreeView control from Syncfusion.
Could you, briefly, explain a bit how this implementation is "very unorthodox and Partially broken"?
For information, to correct this defect, if possible, we opened a "ticket" in Syncfusion.

Best regards

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:07 pm

kappa wrote:Could you, briefly, explain a bit how this implementation is "very unorthodox and Partially broken"?
Hmmm, I tried to keep it brief, not sure if I succeeded :D

Basically, there are two ways how to create a tree with MSAA:
1. Each tree item is a "full" object having child tree items which can themselves have children again, that way forming a tree of elements (Composite design pattern).

2. Only the tree root is a "full" object and all tree items are "simple" MSAA objects (which cannot have children). Consequently, as simple MSAA objects cannot have children, the tree looks like a list in MSAA and only the "Value" attribute of the simple MSAA objects tells in which level of the tree the item resides; e.g. all nodes on the first level have a Value of 1, all nodes on the second level a Value of 2, and so on...

For the seconds option, Ranorex gets the list of tree items and rearranges the "list" to form a tree corresponding to the level values. The weird thing with the Syncfusion TreeViewAdv MSAA implementation is that they use both ways, i.e. full MSAA objects forming a "real" tree and the level value. That is what "confuses" the current Ranorex implementation since we try to form a tree from a list that already is a tree :?

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

kappa

Post by kappa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your explanations.

For information , we receive the following answer from SyncFusion:
"...We have provided accessibility support using the second option. When a node is clicked, we will return the level of that node in the Value property. And we do not use both the options as you mentioned in the previous update..."

Anyway, we wait about your next Ranorex release considering the implemantation of SyncFusion TreeView control.

Best regards

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 am

kappa wrote:Anyway, we wait about your next Ranorex release considering the implemantation of SyncFusion TreeView control.
The fix will be included in the upcoming service release Ranorex V3.2.2.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team