AccessibleName field is empty i nwindows form application

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Puccini

AccessibleName field is empty i nwindows form application

Post by Puccini » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Hi there,

since 1 Month our object recognition for input-fields in our application seems to be broken.
The application is build on some sort of windows form componets with custom elements.
We had no problem to capture the fields in it and get the internal name / accessible name for each field.

But now this attribute is empty. We use Windows 10. Maybe it depends on some update?
We cant use any sort of id / handle other than this name because the fields are dynamically created on the fly in the form.

do you have any hint, how we can get back the name attribute?

See Screenshot.
I also can provide a snapshot of the field / application, but not for public access!

Thx a lot!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: AccessibleName field is empty i nwindows form application

Post by odklizec » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:32 am

Hi,

Could you please post a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of UI both for states, where the AccessibleName is and is not filled? Unfortunately, without, at very least, snapshot, there is very little anyone here can do or suggest.

If the AccessibleName has been available before an OS update and is not available after the update, then Ranorex folks must analyze this problem and eventually update Ranorex? But I'm afraid, they will need access to your app or, at very least, a sample project, where they can see this issue. There is most probably nothing they can do without seeing the problem in action.

Because you cannot post the snapshot(s) publicly, you will have to contact Ranorex support via support form available here:
https://www.ranorex.com/support-query/
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration