AccessibleValue with Numerics

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
davidm

AccessibleValue with Numerics

Post by davidm » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Using a Win32 app with heavy table usage. A custom wrapper is used for the C1 FlexGrid. I am not using the recorder.

I need to check for values in a grid and set some values based on the values I am checking. I have some code that reads all the headers and now I am getting into the individual cells to check the values. Using a lot of Element objects to do this.

The issue is that I can get the text values from the cells, however the cells that have numeric values I cannot retrieve. I am not using the recorder or xPaths for the cells since they will always be changing. In eval phase.

I have tried AccessibleValue but have no luck either.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong or is there is a different approach I should take?

Thanks

davidm

Re: AccessibleValue with Numerics

Post by davidm » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Forgot to mention. The spy tool can see the numeric values.

slavikf

Post by slavikf » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:14 pm

It's hard to advise anything, since you didn't provide much info on AUT...

Application snapshot could help to get into details...

Also, would be interesting to know why you don't want to use xPath? How else can you access data in cells?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:54 am

davidm wrote:Forgot to mention. The spy tool can see the numeric values.
If Ranorex Spy can see the values, you can also retrieve them. Just note which attribute shows the values and then use this attribute to retrieve the values at runtime. See the following section in the Ranorex User Guide for more information:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... apter.html

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team