Add known project dependencies to the _VS2010.sln file

Bug reports.
sauer-peters

Add known project dependencies to the _VS2010.sln file

Post by sauer-peters » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 am

Hello,
I started a discussion about missing project dependencies in the 'Community > Automation Discussions' forum some months ago. This has now turned into a feature request. So I think this should be better placed here. Because I don't want to duplicate the post I will just link to the other one:

http://www.ranorex.com/forum/post15839.html

Thanks,
Sebastian

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Add known project dependencies to the _VS2010.sln file

Post by Support Team » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for reporting this issue. It would be nice if you could give us some information about your environment.
Which version of Ranorex do you use? Which .NET Version is installed on your computer? Does the error occur if you use .NET 4.5?

Regards,
Bernhard
Ranorex Support Team

sauer-peters

Post by sauer-peters » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Support Team wrote: It would be nice if you could give us some information about your environment.
Hello Bernhard,
as I said, I think it is not really an error but more like a missing feature while generating the solution file.

I'm using Ranorex 3.3.2 to edit the test suite, but had the same problems with 3.2.3 which was installed before.
On the build system we use MS Visual Studio 2010 to build the test suite.
We configured .NET 4.0 as target framework for all projects in the solution.
.NET4.0 is also installed on my local computer where I edit the test suite and on the build system computer.

Regards,
Sebastian

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello Sebastian,

I will add an issue in our bug tracking system and we will discuss the feature request internally.

Regards,
Bernhard
Ranorex Support Team

sauer-peters

Post by sauer-peters » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:43 am

sauer-peters wrote:
Support Team wrote: On the build system we use MS Visual Studio 2010 to build the test suite.
Because it's an automatic task we actually use MSBuild command line tool to build the test solution (and not MS Visual Studio itself).

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Hello Sebastian,

As I said, I added this feature request into our bug tracking system and it will be implemented in one of our next releases.
Please note: To build the solution in MSBuild is not recommended from us because it could be that the auto generated code will not be generated properly. We plan to provide a feature that allows you to build Ranorex Solutions from command line, but at the moment we recommend using Ranorex Studio. At the minimum make sure that the code gen is up to date by opening the solution in Ranorex studio.

Regards
Bernhard
Ranorex Support Team