Adding memory status information per test module

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
octo1980

Adding memory status information per test module

Post by octo1980 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:04 am

Hello All,

I want to show per test module the memory usage before and after the testing of the module on the report. Is there any way to achieve this in Ranorex? What I currently did is to create a custom logger class and attached it to the reporting engine. In the Logtext method I then check with a regular expression on the message parameter to determine if testing of the test module has started or stopped in order to take a snapshot of the RAM memory. But I am not sure how to go from here. I am not able to show the info on the report.

Thanks

KR

krstcs

Re: Adding memory status information per test module

Post by krstcs » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:52 pm

Please understand that Ranorex was not designed for load testing (which is what you are asking about), but for FUNCTIONAL UI testing.

Of course it is possible to do anything in Ranorex that you can do in .NET, because Ranorex is built on the .NET platform, but the fact that Ranorex is running will impact and possibly corrupt your memory statistics.

In order to show any information on the report, you should use the Report.Log() method. You can learn about the Ranorex API here: http://www.ranorex.com/Documentation/Ranorex/.
Shortcuts usually aren't...