Adding multiple *.rxtst files to Project, improving SVN

Ask general questions here.
Andymann

Adding multiple *.rxtst files to Project, improving SVN

Post by Andymann » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi everyone,

we are currently starting with working with Ranorex. So far everything works rather well. We did experience some (commonly known) issues when syncing our solution via svn but it seems there is an easy fix.

[Edit] My Bad. The described way doesn't work at all. It's always the original testsuite that's executed. Didn't realize this. I leave this here in case others have the same idea. [/Edit]

The setup:2 People working on local copies of a solution. This is necessary since these 2 take care of the same 'Application Universe'. Both are working on their own set of testcases: Programmer 1 takes care of testcases "TS1xxxx", programmer 2 takes care of "TS2xxxx". Both are quite careful when altering items within the repository. At the end of the day both sync their local copies back into the SVN repository.

Like most people we experienced the solution's original *.rxtst file being rather prone to become corrupted after syncing. The repo and everything else looks rather stable.

---
While playing around we figured out that we could copy the original *.rxtst file (within file explorer), rename and re-add it as an existing item to the solution. This way there are 2 (3, 4, ...) Testsuites within one project. Every programmer has one *.rxtst file where he organizes his testcases. This looks promising, everything seems to work within Ranorex (Running testcases, dealing with RunConfigs etc. etc.). Syncing is a charm. We did not experience any corrupted xml-files or anything else which might be treated as negative.

Am I missing something?
Are there any foreseeable long-term effects based on this?

Best regards,
Andy

--Ranorex 6.0, w2k8 TerminalServer--
Vorsprung durch Wahnsinn
www.Doktor-Andy.de

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding multiple *.rxtst files to Project, improving SVN

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi Andy,

I'm afraid to tell you that multiple test suites within one project are currently not supported. It is planned to implement such a feature in the future, but unfortunately I can't give you more detailed information about when this might happen.

Furthermore, there are some other features planned that will increase productivity when working in teams.
A list of features that are planned in the future can be found in our product roadmap.

I hope this information will help you.

Sincerely,
Johannes

tgagel

Post by tgagel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:44 pm

I added a request for multiple test suite per project support: https://uservoice.ranorex.com/forums/15 ... ne-project

Sharing rxtst's is extremely difficult in a team environment so it would be great if something could be done with this.

ahoisl
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by ahoisl » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 pm

This feature is now supported with Ranorex release 8.2.0.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team