After running a test, standard windows functions changed

Ask general questions here.
nico

After running a test, standard windows functions changed

Post by nico » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:33 pm

After running a test in Ranorex, I double click on an icon on the desktop it shows the properties instead of starting the application.

I determined it happens after I run a test in Ranorex but since it is a rather lengthy test that runs for almost 45 minutes, I can't determine what part of the test may cause this behavior or that it isn't part of the test and something that Ranorex itself does.

Did anyone else notice this behavior before and how did you deal with this?

I am using Windows 7 and Ranorex 5.02

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: After running a test, standard windows functions changed

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:10 am

Hi Nico,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue on my machine. As workaround I would try to run the application using the RunApplication action in the recorder instead of double-clicking the icon. I would also suggest to upgrade Ranorex to the current version :).

Regards,
Bernhard

nico

Post by nico » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:48 am

Hi Bernard,

I did upgrade it to most recent version, sadly this do anything to change that behavior. I did notice pressing the alt-key after the test has run it would change the behavior back to normal. So for now it works.

I tried to use the "run application" function but somehow it won't parse the arguments correctly. The application under test returns me an error message.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi nico,

Can you please give us more information about the issue? Which arguments cannot be parsed correctly?
We can also have a short remote session in order to analyze the issue in more detail on your machine directly.
If you want to have a remote session please send an e-mail to [email protected].

Regards,
Bernhard

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi,

In my opinion, somewhere in you test is used "Alt" Key Shortcut" action with "Down" event and missing "Up" event. Which means the "Alt" key is stuck in "down" position at the end of playback.
KeyShortcut_Down.png
KeyShortcut_Down.png (19.61 KiB) Viewed 561 times
Just search your recordings for "KeyShortcut" action and change its event from "Down" to "Press" or eventually, add the missing "Up" event. Hope this helps?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

nico

Post by nico » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:58 am

odklizec wrote:Hi,

In my opinion, somewhere in you test is used "Alt" Key Shortcut" action with "Down" event and missing "Up" event. Which means the "Alt" key is stuck in "down" position at the end of playback.
KeyShortcut_Down.png
Just search your recordings for "KeyShortcut" action and change its event from "Down" to "Press" or eventually, add the missing "Up" event. Hope this helps?
Thanks so much, that did the trick! I was indeed missing a "Down" event.