After updating ranorex TO 6.1 - Agents slowed down

Ask general questions here.
aatish

After updating ranorex TO 6.1 - Agents slowed down

Post by aatish » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:15 pm

I updated the Ranorex to 6.1. I have noticed the ranorex agents don't start immediately like they used to every time i ran before the update. Now i would to wait at least 3 to 4 mins and click the start run for agent again and again. Is there configuration that's needs to be changed due to the update to 6.1. Please let me know

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: After updating ranorex TO 6.1 - Agents slowed down

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi aatish,

May I ask you if you have also updated your Ranorex Agents? Please note to keep all Ranorex components (Studio, Runtime, Agents) on the same version number. This ensures that everything works as expected.

Thank you.

Regards,
Markus (S)

txrackack

Post by txrackack » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:29 pm

Where can i find the updated agent MSI that will install the ranorex 6.1.0 runtime? Seems that it is only asking for 6.0.2 I would also accept a location from which i can download the 6.1.0 runtime and i'll install it manually.

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Post by krstcs » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Marcus,

The download page points to the same version of the agent for 6.1.0 as for 6.0.2, which is 1.0.50. Was there a new build?

If we need to keep the agent in sync, then wouldn't it make more sense for the agent version number to match the Ranorex version number?
Shortcuts usually aren't...

txrackack

Post by txrackack » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:41 pm

True. It turns out that the agent 1.0.50.msi version does not appear to have incremented. This is what led to my confusion. I downloaded again from the Ranorex 6.1 section and reinstalled and it now asks to download the 6.1.0 runtime. This really is a nuisance issue but should be corrected. I don't believe that a lock step versioning is needed but the agent itself should have incremented.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi all,

Please excuse the confusion. I've added this request to our internal bug tracking system.

Concerning your initial issue,
Would it be possible to analyze that directly with you during a remote session? If so, please contact me ([email protected]) to talk about the further steps.

Regards,
Markus (S)