After updating the Data Source the test case uses old data

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
matthias_hh

After updating the Data Source the test case uses old data

Post by matthias_hh » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:36 pm

We have a simple test case in the Test Suite, it's connected to a CSV file (via "Manage Datasources" in the Studio).
There are only 3 little Recording Modules in the test case, each with an action using a variable.
These variables are bound to columns in the Data Source/CSV file.
So it works fine.

After modifying the CSV file (e.g. deleting some rows) and also updating the connected Data Source in the Data Source dialog, I can see the correct data in the Data Source View.
I also find the correct number of rows in the Data Binding column of my Test Suite View.
So I assume, the right data will get used by the test case.

Now running the test case again I have to realize, that the old data are still used.

Has anyone a solution for this problem? Thanks a lot in advance

(We are using Ranorex 6.2.0.)

matthias_hh

Re: After updating the Data Source the test case uses old data

Post by matthias_hh » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:53 am

It seems, the problem is caused by technical conditions of our environment.
By using/reading the files from a different network drive the described problem is not caused anymore.
I will continue testing it, but obviously I was too fast with posting.
Sorry for that.

krstcs

Re: After updating the Data Source the test case uses old data

Post by krstcs » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm

First and foremost, you should not be using ANY files from network shares with Ranorex testing. This is not supported with Ranorex and is specifically noted in the User Guide. You need to have all files on a LOCAL drive, including data. The only way you can have remote data is if you use a database.

Second, 6.2.0 is already outdated, you should update to 6.2.1 as there were several bug fixes that were applied.
Shortcuts usually aren't...