"AfterTargets" error - building solution via command line

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
manalitatke

"AfterTargets" error - building solution via command line

Post by manalitatke » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Hello,

i am quite a newbie for MSBuild Project file implementation for a Ranorex solution.

While i was trying to refer the above post:
https://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-to-bu ... t1888.html

I am trying to create a csproj file for my ranorex solution which can be used for continuous integration using Visual Studio MSBuild project file.

I want to build my current solution on command line, before i try to use my Solution.exe in my csproj file.

After, copying all the required files ( .rxsln, .sln, ranorex.settings, sln folder, .csproj) in the v3.5 folder:

I used the following command for building my ranorex cs proj on command line:

%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe solution.csproj
While, i try to build the solution as mentioned in the above post, i get a 'AfterAll' targets in element <Target> is unrecognized error as shown in csproj target error.png

I also did the same procedure for building the ranorex solution via command line by using :

%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe solution.sln

I still get the same error as shown in sln target error.png

Do i need to modify the csproj file for incorporating the AfterBuild and BeforeBuild targets?

I basically want to incorporate the csproj file for building my solution and then executing the solution.exe for running my test suite.

Is this the correct way?

Since, i need to build the solution everytime before i run the Solution.exe, how can i build the solution using csproj file/command line for ranorex?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

N612

Re: "AfterTargets" error - building solution via command line

Post by N612 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:19 pm

I am trying to create a csproj file for my ranorex solution which can be used for continuous integration using Visual Studio MSBuild project file.
Why are you building your own .csproj? What does the auto-generated .csproj not do that you want it to? Wheather you created the solution in Ranorex Studio or Visual Studio, a .csproj will be generated which you can use with MSBuild. If you need customize the .csproj, build off this one instead of starting from scratch.
1.png
Example

Code: Select all

msbuild "C:\Users\username\Documents\Programming Projects\RX Projects\SampleProject\SampleProject.sln"

Build succeeded.
    0 Warning(s)
    0 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:03.73
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.