Android Chrome through Appium: Browser.setWindowBounds wasn't found

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
Marc Mongenet
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:46 am

Android Chrome through Appium: Browser.setWindowBounds wasn't found

Post by Marc Mongenet » Tue May 07, 2019 10:56 am

Hello,

I try to test a website with the same Ranorex test solution on Windows Chrome and on Android Chrome (for instance on a Galaxy Tab A).
I set up an Appium endpoint. It works up to the point where Android Chrome is opened on the tablet, then there is this fatal error:

An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: unknown error: unhandled inspector error: {"code":-32601,"message":"'Browser.setWindowBounds' wasn't found"}(Session info: chrome=74.0.3729.136)(Driver info: chromedriver=74.0.3729.6 (255758eccf3d244491b8a1317aa76e1ce10d57e9-refs/branch-heads/[email protected]{#29}),platform=Windows NT 10.0.17134 x86_64)

I think it could be a Ranorex problem, because of the line:

Code: Select all

Opening web site 'http://marc.mongenet.ch' with browser 'Chrome' in maximized mode.
Note: I installed Ranorex 9.0.1 and Appium 1.13.0, on Windows 10.
Attachments
inspector-error-Browser-setWindowBounds-74.png
inspector-error-Browser-setWindowBounds-74.png (64.4 KiB) Viewed 437 times

User avatar
Vega
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Re: Android Chrome through Appium: Browser.setWindowBounds wasn't found

Post by Vega » Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 pm

Looking at the description of your scenario and the error, it could be related to your open browser step having the maximize property set to true. Try setting the maximize to false. Have you tried re-creating this issue with a pure appium (no Ranorex) test? The exception is coming from the appium server, so if maximize does not fix it, I would try to create and test a small appium only test to see if the same issue occurs.

Hope this helps

Marc Mongenet
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:46 am

Re: Android Chrome through Appium: Browser.setWindowBounds wasn't found

Post by Marc Mongenet » Mon May 20, 2019 7:20 am

Thank you for your help, it was the maximize that was not supported.
From https://github.com/cyrus-and/chrome-rem ... issues/131, it seems it is a Chrome bug:
Yeah, that's strange actually, it seems that the method is present in the protocol descriptor (even with the remote option) but it's not actually implemented.