Android gestures

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
mysanchez

Android gestures

Post by mysanchez » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:36 am

Hi Team,

I have a few questions regarding some of the actions I need to automate:
First, how do you simulate a sliding gesture from one end the phones bezel to the center
of the screen. I tried using the TouchStart, TouchMove and TouchEnd to simulate that action but since I just started using Ranorex just yesterday, I'm not sure if that is the right approach to use. I need to open a drawer inside my Android app for this action.
Second, how can I add an action that emulates disabling or gps and wifi button in the phone's notification panel?

Lastly, how can I change the delay between touch events when recording actions. When I record actions on my app, it only takes less than a minute to complete, whereas when playing the actions back, it takes around 4 times as long, and it says that it is searching for a repository item. I just want to clarify of there is a default delay whihc is put between actions, if I can change those delays, or is the search for that item really delaying the testing.

Also, just a quick side question, are there any differences in features for the free evaluation version and the paid version

Thanks

Regards,
Miguel

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android gestures

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Hello Miguel,

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to simulate a sliding gesture but we plan to implement this feature in a future release. Your approach to use TouchStart, TouchMove and TouchEnd is the current solution.

Please note that it is not possible to automate anything in the notification panel since it is outside of your instrumented application.

Touch events have a delay of 500ms by default. This setting can be shown in the properties of each action. You could change this duration in 'Global Settings > Recorder Defaults > Mouse/Pointer-related action time'.
It could take some time to find your elements in your app depending on several causes.

There is no difference between the free evaluation version and the paid version of Ranorex.
You have the same functionality with the free trial version.

Regards,
Markus (T)

mysanchez

Post by mysanchez » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:23 am

Okay. Thanks for the answer, Markus

lucian.teodorescu

Post by lucian.teodorescu » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Hello,

Are there any updates regarding sliding gestures?
I am asking because I am stuck with this. In my app the main menu is inside a drawer.
I have tried swipe, touch start/move/end, invoke focus/ensure visible and then touch an item, but something goes wrong. Let me explain: all validations are OK and touching items return success, but the result is not present/seen.
For example I want to close the app from inside. During the test I invoke EnsureVisible against drawer (btw, I've tested the values in Spy and Visible attribute changes (true/false) according the real state of the element but during the test it remains "true" all the time) and although nothing appears, the touch of "Exit" button returns success, but the app is not closing.

I even tried to set the location from negative (hidden state) to positive (when the drawer is visible). Returns success, but in fact I cannot see any difference as it remains hidden. Maybe I should reload the element with the new values, but I don't know how to do it.

Also I've tried to scroll through the menu: I couldn't figure it out how to do it. The only thing that saved me was to change the orientation temporarily from landscape to portrait... but I guess this is only a temporary solution (until my menu grows bigger than the screen)

Any clue how to work around the drawers?

Thank you.
Lucian

Ranorex Studio 5.2
Samsung GT-P5210
Android 4.2.2
Lucian Teodorescu
NetSun Software

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi Lucian,

In general all approaches you've tried should work as expected.
May I ask you to send your application to [email protected]?
This will allow me to analyze the problem in more detail on our side.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Markus (S)

lucian.teodorescu

Post by lucian.teodorescu » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi Markus,

Unfortunately I cannot share the app (as it is subject to a confidentiality clause).

I managed somehow to show the drawer on this specific device, using Mobile Key Press {MENU}. However, I wonder if this solution still works on devices without hardware buttons e.g. Nexus 7?

Kind regards,
Lucian
Lucian Teodorescu
NetSun Software

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi Lucian,

I am glad that you were able to overcome the issue, and I can also confirm that the Mobile Key Press {MENU} is also working on devices without hardware buttons.

Regards,
Markus (S)

bent

Post by bent » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Support Team,Me too have the same issues.Thanks for your reply.Now i get it :D I will come back shortly.Please keep in touch with us.Thanks a lot :D :D