Android - Object Recognition

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
jolml

Android - Object Recognition

Post by jolml » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi everyone!

Currently I´m using Ranorex 6.0.0.

I´m doing some tests over Vodafone messaging+ app (that I downloaded from the play store and instrumented it by Ranorex Wizard).

The test that I´m trying to automate is the following:
1-Once registered in the app, open a single chat conversation
2-Writing recipient´s number
3-Writing a chat message (not SMS) to another Vodafone registered client
4-Touch on the button to send the chat message

Problem:
Step 4 fails, the object is being recognized (recording the item or by Spy) but the action Touch does not really touch the button, so the message is not sent.

Ways I tried to solve it:
I´ve tried to edit the path by many ways (changing resource-id, rid, text attributes...) but any of them works. When I do "highlight" over the item the red square area is shown properly on the phone.
Also I tried to "ensure visible" or "focus" the element, it neither worked.

*If someone tries to reproduce the issue, please note that you will need a Vodafone SIM to register in the app.

jma

Re: Android - Object Recognition

Post by jma » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi jolml,

Unfortunately, I don't have a Vodafone SIM to reproduce the issue. Could you upload a Ranorex Snapshot of the corresponding button?

Is the action reported as successful or does it throw an error during test execution because the button wasn't found? Alternatively, you could try using the Invoke Action -> Press() to submit the message.

jolml

Post by jolml » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:02 am

Thanks jma,

I tried your way to submit the message but still the same problem.

The action is reported as succesful everytime (the item is found and "touched") but the message is not sent (note that if I do manually it obviously works :D)

Snapshot attached ;)

Thanks for your help
Attachments
send_btn.rxsnp
(117.97 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

jma

Post by jma » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:49 pm

That's strange indeed, but it seems to be specific to the implementation of this button.

I would suggest trying to perform the touch action on different UI elements that also represent the same button. For example, the elements that I marked in red.
button_snapshot.png
button_snapshot.png (12.26 KiB) Viewed 611 times
Please try adding those elements to the repository manually. After that, you could drag and drop them to the action table and choose the touch action. Please do let me know the result.

jolml

Post by jolml » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 am

Thanks once again :)

Unfortunately I already tried that workaround with no success.

Thanks so much!

jma

Post by jma » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:20 pm

Hi,

I've run out of ideas. I would suggest contacting the Ranorex support team by email ([email protected]). Please send them the non-instrumented version of the APK file too, in order they can try reproducing the issue.