Android soft keyboard done button

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
lakiona

Android soft keyboard done button

Post by lakiona » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:19 am

Hi,

We're having trouble recording a "done" button press on the soft keyboard with Ranorex. Within our code there is the check shown below:

if( e.ActionId == Android.Views.InputMethods.ImeAction.Done )

In the UI we are entering information into an EditText control. A touch action to move focus to the EditText control and a setvalue action for the entered information are both generated in the recording. However, whenever the "done" button is pressed on the soft keyboard, an action is not generated in the recording.

We've tried utilizing the mobilekeypress {ENTER} action with and without a touch in the EditText control prior to the mobilekeypress action to no avail.

If there is a similar topic in the forums or if it is in the user manual then I am apologize for this. Just curious if anyone else has been experiencing the same issue or found a way to record this action.

Thanks,
Layne

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android soft keyboard done button

Post by Support Team » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Hello Layne,

May I ask you to answer following questions?
  • • Which version of Ranorex do you use?
    • Is it possible to provide a demo version of your application (or the application itself) to us?
    If yes, please contact [email protected]
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Robert

btangonan

Post by btangonan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi,

I am working on the same project that Layne was working on right now. I am following on the issue he stated earlier. The version of Ranorex we are using is 5.2.1. As of right now, we cannot provide a demo version of our application. Is there anyway to solve the issue that Layne has described?

Thanks,

Bryan

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi Bryan,

The "Done" button touch should generate a mobile keypress {ENTER} in the recording. If it's not working on the EditText control you can try to add a mobile keypress {ENTER} using another control on the screen.
I am afraid that it is hard to analyze the issue in more detail without having your application or a sample application.
If you don't want to post the files in our forum you can also send an e-mail to [email protected].

Regards,
Bernhard

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:24 am

Update

We will introduce the possibility to execute IME actions such as "IME_ACTION_DONE" with Ranorex 5.3.

Regards,
Robert