Anyone from Support team?

Ask general questions here.
moses.rozario

Anyone from Support team?

Post by moses.rozario » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:49 am

From last week I am trying to contact Ranorex team via email, filling out online form so you guys can contact me but nobody bother to contact me. I am doing evaluation of Ranorex and I needed information. I have already discussed with my team members including managers and introduced them to Ranorex but looking at poor response from support team, it made me think twice and sad that it was not expected from you guys will not reply back. I couldn't find any other place to get in touch with you guys so posting it here. Sorry but this was not expected from you guys.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Anyone from Support team?

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:36 am

Hi,

That's weird. My experience is that Ranorex guys usually answer support emails within 24 hours (during work days). Of course, emails sent on Friday are usually answered on Monday. Support guys need some rest time too ;)

Maybe if you post your question here, you can get it answered from other Ranorex users? Also, a lot of questions from new users have already been answered in the past, so it's always good to give the search a try.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

moses.rozario

Post by moses.rozario » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:54 am

Hi,

Ok. I did contacted them on last Thursday, so shouldn't I would be getting reply by now? Well, I didn't know Support guys rest too, unless all of them resting alltogether :D

I did posted my question last week in this forum but it was removed by moderator (I guess) and I was notified by email to contact Ranorex by filling out form and sending email from business email ID rather than posting it on forum, which I did.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:19 am

Well, I can't speak for Ranorex support, but if they've decided to remove your posts, they must have a very good reason to do so? It must have been a quite unusual kind of post? It seems they've contacted you about filling some more details. So I'm sure you are in process and it only takes longer because of "unusual/atypical" nature of your questions?

Anyway, I would agree with them that if you are in the process of considering Ranorex, you should definitely attend the suggested webinars and even watch the available screencast available here... http://www.ranorex.com/support/screencasts.html

Selection of automation tool is a long and not very easy process. What I did, during the selection process, was performing the same "proof-of-concept" scenario with multiple automation tools and writing an extensive excel table with pros and cons of each of these tools. I can tell you that the quality and responsiveness of Ranorex support (and their fantastic forum full of examples and solutions) was one of key factors that helped us to make the final decision. Of course, quality and consistency of object recognition was still the major deciding factor. But even the best object recognition is useless without reliable support. And no, Ranorex is definitely not paying me anything ;) I'm just a regular test automation guy who found the power and quality of Ranorex.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

moses.rozario

Post by moses.rozario » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:26 am

I am doing same as you did for "proof-of-concept" and in that regard I needed information such as "Scripting Language, Development Platforms of the application, Support for various of testing in easy manner, Required less programming skill" and couple of more. Now do you think this is unusual post?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:43 am

Well, I can't judge the unusuality of your post, because I've not read the original post ;) Maybe it was just too specific to be answered via forum?

Anyway, most (if not all) of your questions could be easily found by examining the Ranorex web page (forum, blog articles, Ranorex specifications, watching screencasts, ...) and especially attending the suggested webinar! You can even find some of the past webinars at youtube. Believe me, many of the newcomer's questions have been answered before ;)

Just one thing to consider. While it's definitely possible to do test automation with minimal knowledge of programming, you will always hit the situations where automating something without code would be so painful and unreliable, that you will be happy learn how to do it via code! Typically, going through the list of items in listbox or clicking multiple elements of the same kind (e.g. checkboxes). It's perfectly fine to click 5 to 10 checkboxes via recording, but if there is more of them, you will be really happy to do it via code using For...Each loop ;)
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:56 am

Hi moses.rozario,

sorry to read that you are unsatisfied with our support.
I checked the sent e-mail from the support team and you got an e-mail back from our side on the very next day after you posted your questions into our forum.
Please understand that we prefer to discuss these kind of questions by email.
You should have already received an email from one of my colleagues and they will be happy to help you with your proof of concept.

@odklizec: Thank you for your help. We really appreciate that :-)

Regards,
Bernhard

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:02 am

@Bernhard: You are welcome ;)
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

moses.rozario

Post by moses.rozario » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:07 am

Thank you, Bernhard. That's really comforting to hear. Hope I will get reply from your support team soon so I can complete my evaluation on Ranorex.

Thanks odklizec for your prompt response. Really appreciated. Cheers !

Fergal
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by Fergal » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:13 am

odklizec wrote:...My experience is that Ranorex guys usually answer support emails within 24 hours (during work days). Of course, emails sent on Friday are usually answered on Monday....
I'd like to second that, my experience of support has also been very positive. They have always been very responsive and quick to reply with helpful info.