API docu for DataConnectorConfig/DataConnectorConfigFactory

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
ThoMo

API docu for DataConnectorConfig/DataConnectorConfigFactory

Post by ThoMo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi,
can you please extend the API documentation by information about the DataConnectorConfig and DataConnectorConfigFactory class. Both classes are used in your CustomConnector example (Search for "How to integrate my own DataConnector in Ranorex Studio?" - I can't post the url here).

Regards,
ThoMo

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: API docu for DataConnectorConfig/DataConnectorConfigFactory

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:25 am

Hi ThoMo,

Unfortunately, you are referring to a very old forum post.

These methods will most likely change with the next version of Ranorex and will remain undocumented since they're part of our internal API.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Robert

ThoMo

Post by ThoMo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:12 am

Hi Robert,

but using the forum post I was able to implement my own DataCollector. Do you have any further information about the prospected changes?

Regards,
ThoMo

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:34 pm

As Robert said, these are INTERNAL APIs and are, therefore, not supported. You should not use them as they can change or be removed at any time, and you won't get any warning.

You will not receive answers to questions about internal APIs on the forums from the Ranorex team (or most of the users) as the Ranorex team does not officially support them. If you have questions about these APIs, you would need to contact Ranorex directly ([email protected]). However, be warned that they may not help you, because, again, these APIs are INTERNAL and not supported.

It appears to me that you are trying to re-invent the wheel, so-to-speak. Ranorex already handles all of the data connectors that you should need, including flat text files. If you are storing your data in another widely used format that isn't supported then I can see the issue, but you should make a feature request instead of using internal API calls. If there is a feature that you would like, please make a request by EMAIL to [email protected] (not on the forums).
Shortcuts usually aren't...

ThoMo

Post by ThoMo » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks for your response - I will discuss it further with the support team.

ThoMo