App automation in chromium based app engine

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
wenjun

App automation in chromium based app engine

Post by wenjun » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Hello

Our company provides a HTML5 app engine based on Chromium (more info at openfin.co). I have been trying to get Ranorex Studio 5.2.2 working without success. It looks like RECORD is not able to identify elements. I found a blog in this forum about adding force-renderer-accessibility but it did not help.

Attached is snapshot from Ranorex Spy for one of our demo apps. The snapshot was captured for simply clicking on 2 of the buttons.

Thanks
Wenjun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: App automation in chromium based app engine

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Wenjun,

Unfortunately OpenFin applications are hosted in a separated secured environment which doesn’t allow other software to interactive with. Therefore, I am unfortunately afraid that these applications are currently not fully supported.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Markus (S).

wenjun

Post by wenjun » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello Markus

Thank you very much for the response.

Can you provide more info on "separated secured environment"? Do you mean sandbox? I tried passing --no-sandbox to Chromium and it did not help. OpenFin apps work very similar to Chrome apps, and I verified that Ranorex works with Chrome apps. Since we have Chromium source code, we can make any changes needed to support Ranorex.

Thank you for the help

Wenjun

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi Wenjun,

Unfortunately I'd need additional information in order to analyze this scenario in more detail.
May I ask you to get in contact with me by email [ [email protected] ]

Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Markus (S)