App error running Ranorex 3.2.2. with Visual Studio 10

Bug reports.
tsyingling

App error running Ranorex 3.2.2. with Visual Studio 10

Post by tsyingling » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Updated to Ranorex 3.2.2, using with an app running VS10 and Silverlight. Have a recording which opens a combo box in our app and a popup can appear based on the choice. There are no errors when doing this without Ranorex and prior to updating from Ranorex 3.0.5 to 3.2.2 there were no errors when running the recording. When the Ranorex recording chooses any item that would launch a popup, get the attached error from our app which crashes the app. Again, the only happens when selecting the combo box item using a recording with Ranorex 3.2.2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: App error running Ranorex 3.2.2. with Visual Studio 10

Post by Support Team » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:57 am

Hi,
tsyingling wrote:Updated to Ranorex 3.2.2, using with an app running VS10 and Silverlight. Have a recording which opens a combo box in our app and a popup can appear based on the choice. There are no errors when doing this without Ranorex and prior to updating from Ranorex 3.0.5 to 3.2.2 there were no errors when running the recording. When the Ranorex recording chooses any item that would launch a popup, get the attached error from our app which crashes the app. Again, the only happens when selecting the combo box item using a recording with Ranorex 3.2.2.
Did you try to execute your recording without attached debugger? Would it be possible to post us a small sample application to narrow down the issue? I tried to reproduce this issue, but so far I had no issues.
A Ranorex Snapshot would be also useful for further analyzes.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

tsyingling

Post by tsyingling » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:06 pm

I ran the recording w/o the debugger and that didn't help. I'm not quite sure what you mean by a Ranorex snapshot. I'm going to try to come up with a way that you can view the app and I could get you the recording where I'm having problems.

tsyingling

Post by tsyingling » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:19 pm

We can provide access via TeamViewer if that works for you. We'd need to set up a time and would need to have email contact for id/password setup with our tech people.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 am

tsyingling wrote:We can provide access via TeamViewer if that works for you. We'd need to set up a time and would need to have email contact for id/password setup with our tech people.
Yes we can do that. Therefore please contact our support team by mail [email protected] . But we would need a Ranorex Snapshot to prepare us for the meeting.
How to create a Ranorex Snapshot

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team