App not recognizing fields have data

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
veerhossain

App not recognizing fields have data

Post by veerhossain » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:36 pm

We have an android app (HTML5, Angular, Bootsrap) and when we record actions everythnig seems to work properly, and during playback we can physically see data being entered into fields on the app. But, when we try to execute something in our app (like push a login button or a search button) the app seems to not "see" that the data is there in the fields. If we stop the testing playback we have to physically touch and edit a value in the text field for the app to recognize that there really is data in the search parameter field or in the username or password fields.

Has anybody seen this behavior in the past?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: App not recognizing fields have data

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Hello veerhossain,

May I ask how you entered the values within your application? Does the issue occur on specific elements? Also, please create a Ranorex snapshot of your application under test. This would really help us in analysing the issue in more detail.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Robert

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:28 pm

I have exact problem with Veerhossain has, this issue is has been post here almost 2 years, I am wondering why this simple bug still has not fixed by Ranorex.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi,

I could be wrong, but there is most probably nothing to fix ;) Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to say without seeing at least Ranorex snapshot or even better, small sample app (plus corresponding Ranorex test), where we can see the problem.

Are you using SetValue action to enter the data to UI element? This could be a reason of your problem. The thing is that SetValue action usually does not trigger keyboard-based events assigned to the element. You will have to use "Mobile Key Press" action (as described here), eventually, you may need to send {Enter} or {DONE} event after entering the text (as described here). Hope this helps?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration