Application is getting crashed once start recording

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
MADHUSHREE

Application is getting crashed once start recording

Post by MADHUSHREE » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:49 am

Hello,
I am working on windows application developed in Java swing/AWT. My system is 32bit with 4GB RAM.
Whenever i start my application through Ranorex it shows "javaw.exe stopped working" and Suddenly my application crashes. If I try to spy on my application also Same error I am getting.
We checked in Java path this javaw.exe is present.
We newly installed java jre and gave a path in ranorex Settings.

We found that if we start spying on our application using Ranorex CPU using suddenly goes to 100% and suddenly crashes.
How can we solve this problem???

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Application is getting crashed once start recording

Post by odklizec » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:40 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, without knowing more about your AUT, OS, Java and Ranorex version, there is not much anyone here can do or suggest. Have you tried it on another computer? Also, what error exactly you get? Please upload a small sample app (or at least a Ranorex snapshot) with the problematic element.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

krstcs

Re: Application is getting crashed once start recording

Post by krstcs » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:45 pm

90% of my testing is done against a Java Swing application and I have not seen anything similar. My guess would be that the application under test (AUT) has a bug, or it is hooking into something that Ranorex also hooks into causing problems.

I would get with your devs and have them actively debug the AUT when you are trying to spy elements with Ranorex Spy. They should be able to see exactly what is going on when the crash occurs.
Shortcuts usually aren't...