Application not not found in configured devices list when ru

Ask general questions here.
rastek

Application not not found in configured devices list when ru

Post by rastek » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:06 am

Can not run Mobile App from remote calling if the compiled executible.

I have a recording module which clicks on mobile app and does not start app, Recording Module at least starts sppl'cat'on but when I try to run remoetly it says it can not find theapplications in configured devices list

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Application not not found in configured devices list when ru

Post by odklizec » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:47 am

Hi Rastek,

What "exactly" do you mean by starting the test remotely? Are you sure there is correct working directory set before running the exe?

BTW, I will probably sound like a broken record, but have you tried to reproduce the problem with latest 6.1.1? If I'm not mistaken, you are still on 5.3x? But even 5.4.x you trying to download (as per your other post) is no longer supported.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rastek

Post by rastek » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:10 am

By remotely I mean I call compiled exe with psexec, which I use for Ranorex al the time.

Problems you mentioned are for other versions, I can instrument and run with Ranroex Studio 5.3.3 but not from console.

I can not use 6.1 yet but even if I use it which probably will show the same error.

Where is this configured devices list actually , anyone can help ?I can see the device in View-> Devices
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:44 am

Hi,

All devices are stored in RanorexConfigN.xml file, where 'N' stands for major Ranorex version number (5 in your case). So all you need to do is to make sure the target system uses the same RanorexConfig5.xml file. The configuration file can be found here: "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming".
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rastek

Post by rastek » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:06 am

Hi,
Thanks for the fast answer. I am using company pc, dont ahve folder under users, I have found the file in location and here is sections with mobile, can you help me inserting device name manually ?

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming

<cap
name="mobiledevice"
cost="80"/>
<cap
name="mobileapp"
cost="80"/>
<cap
name="mobilewebdocument"
cost="80"/>
<cap
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:49 pm

I'm sure you have the folder available, it's just that this folder (AppData) is a hidden system folder, so you need to enable displaying "Hidden" folders in file explorer (google it). Adding the devices manually may help, but I would strongly recommend using the same configuration file on both computers. You see, aside the devices, this files contains all Ranorex settings, where some of them may be directly related to element recognition or app start. So you should definitely use the same configuration everywhere. BTW, since Ranorex 6.1, Ranorex configuration can be stored within the solution! So it's way easier to distribute it, not to mention you could have various configurations.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rastek

Post by rastek » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:21 am

Odklizec you gave me a very general answer which does not help me, I am asking you how I can add a device to xml manually, I dont think there is another xml file..even if how Will I add it ?

Btw what you mean by both computers ?? There is one ranorex pc only
Last edited by rastek on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:50 am

Hi,

Obviously, I must have missing something here? ;) In one of your previous posts, you posted a screenshot with already configured Android device. This device (all configured devices) are stored in RanorexConfig.xml file located in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming". You just have to copy this file and paste it on another computer/user account you are using.

From the fact your posted RanorexConfig5.xml file does not contain any device, I assumed that the file comes from another computer? If the file comes from the very same computer where you also design your tests (and where you originally configured the device in Studio), then I assume you are designing and running your tests under two different user accounts? If this is the case, then you must copy the RanorexConfig file from your "test design" account to your "playback" account (from/to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming).

I'm sure it's possible to modify the config file also manually, it's just a simple xml file. However, I'm not experienced with mobile devices (I'm not working with them right now) and I think it's way better to configure the devices via built-in "Manage Devices" tool. This way you will avoid all possible mistakes and problems caused by incorrectly modified config file or incorrect device data.

So all you really need to do is to copy the config file from the computer/user account where it works to computer/user account where it does not work.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

rastek

Post by rastek » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:04 pm

There is a misunderstanding here, my problem is not to transfer xml to another pc

My problem is I am calling project.exe file from another pc (which does not related to Ranorex in any way)

Test computers
pc1 is a test computer which calls pc2, does not have ranorex installed, and not using ranorex
pc2 is the computer wher has ranoroex installed, has mobile test case and has the compiled project.exe

scenerio
pc1 calls project.exe on pc2 remotely by using psexec which runs properly for every test case.

Bur for mobile test case, pc2 gives error for device is not in the list.

I hope I tell my test setup properly this time.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi rastek,

Thanks for the explanation. I'm not experienced with psexec, but it sounds to me as if the test is started from different user account? I mean that the psexec runs the app as different user, than if you are logged locally? As I mentioned in my previous posts, RanorexConfig is stored in c:\users\username\... location, which is usually user under which you installed and used Ranorex. So make sure the psexec starts your compiled test using the same user account.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration