ApplicationNotRespondingException

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
bwood

ApplicationNotRespondingException

Post by bwood » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:56 pm

Ranorex Version : 8.3.2

Hi,

I am having an issue with Ranorex throwing an ApplicationNotRespondingException when my application is not unresponsive. I have pasted the exact error at the bottom of this post.

I have tried editing the RanorexConfig8.xml file and increasing the functionexecutiontimeout from 5000ms to as high as 100000ms with no apparent changes (The application still "stops responding" within 5 seconds).

The applicationNotRespondingException always occurs at the beginning of the same recording module, and does not occur when I run the module individually, only when I run multiple modules.

at Ranorex.Core.FunctionExecuteWithTimeout.TryExecute[T](Func`1 func, TimeSpan timeout)at Ranorex.Core.FunctionExecuteWithTimeout.WithTimeout[T](Func`1 func, Nullable`1 timeout)at Ranorex.Plugin.ZombieableExtensions.WithZombieCheck[T](IZombieable self, Func`1 function, ZombieCheckOptions options)at Ranorex.Plugin.WpfRemoteObject.GetChildren(TreeBuildConfiguration configuration, WpfRemoteObject apparentParent)at Ranorex.Plugin.WpfChildrenRule.Execute(GlueRuleExecutionState state)at Ranorex.Core.ElementEngine.ApplyGlueRules(Element element, GlueRuleExecutionStateImpl state, Boolean includeRemotes)at Ranorex.Core.ElementEngine.ApplyGlueRules(Element element, Boolean includeRemotes)at Ranorex.Core.Element.GetChildren(CacheSession session)at Ranorex.Core.Element.get_Children()at Ranorex.Core.RxPath.collectAllChildren(Element self, LocationStep step, IList`1 list, Boolean includeSelf, Boolean quitOnFirstGoodNode)at Ranorex.Core.RxPath.collectAxis(LocationStep step, Axis optimizedAxis, Element self, IList`1 elements, Boolean quitOnFirstGoodNode)at Ranorex.Core.RxPath.ApplyInternal(RxPath path, Element startElement, Duration timeout, Boolean findSingle, CacheSession& usedCacheSession)at Ranorex.Core.RxPath.Apply(Element startElement, Duration timeout, Boolean findSingle, CacheSession& usedCacheSession)at Ranorex.Core.Element.TryFindInternal(RxPath path, Duration timeout, Boolean findSingle, IList`1& foundElements, CacheSession& usedCacheSession)at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.FindInternal[T](Boolean findSingle, Boolean throwException, Duration effectiveTimeoutOverride)at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.<>c__DisplayClass75_0`1.<Find>b__0()at Ranorex.Core.Testing.Services.NoMaintenanceModeService.HandleElementNotFound[T](Func`1 action, RepoItemInfo entry)at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.Find[T](Boolean findSingle, Boolean throwException, Duration effectiveTimeoutOverride)at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.CreateAdapter[T](Boolean throwException, Duration waitTimeout)at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.CreateAdapter[T](Boolean throwException)at Smoke_Tests_Development.SmokeTestsFolders.MeterProgramEditConfigurationFileAppFolder.get_ProgramInformation() in C:\Users\WoodB\Desktop\Smoke_Tests_Development\Smoke_Tests_Development\SmokeTests.cs:line 15495at Smoke_Tests_Development.PROG.E650.EnterPrgmNotesAndPrgmIDForStdConfig.Ranorex.Core.Testing.ITestModule.Run() in C:\Users\WoodB\Desktop\Smoke_Tests_Development\Smoke_Tests_Development\PROG\E650\EnterPrgmNotesAndPrgmIDForStdConfig.cs:line 87at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestModuleLeaf.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext, Int32 iteration, Int32 iterationCount, Boolean skipIteration)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: ApplicationNotRespondingException

Post by odklizec » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi,

What is the first command in failing module?
Also, I would suggest to try putting the process name of tested app to Ranorex white list.

BTW, I just noticed, that your app is WPF-based and your actual WPF setting in Ranorex is WPFOnly. Have you tried WPFImproved setting?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

bwood

Re: ApplicationNotRespondingException

Post by bwood » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:39 pm

Interestingly, my WPF setting was set to WPFPreferred. I changed it to Improved and it broke several other modules but fixed my issue. Thanks!

Edit: Actually it didn't fix it unfortunately. The commands that are failing are mouse clicks.