Are you able to perform regular expressions on string variables from data driven sources

Ask general questions here.
andy.simpson

Are you able to perform regular expressions on string variables from data driven sources

Post by andy.simpson » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi,

At the moment I an building some Automation to analyse a customer configured database prior to testing as a sanity check to ensure that its in a good state, The information to get validated is getting pulled directly from an interface specification(on an excel spreadsheet), the issue with this is the way the designer enters it into the spreadsheet could be "Set to 'Global'" where as the cell in the database is just Global, I have used regular expressions before to trim local variable data and thought this might be a good solution to edit the data driven data to match that of the spreadsheet?

Is this possible or will I have to look at another solution, cant find anything on here or in user guide about it

Thanks in advance

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Are you able to perform regular expressions on string variables from data driven sources

Post by Support Team » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:22 am

Hello Andy,

According to your description, the values in the database and in the Excel Spreadsheet are not exactly equal. In my opinion, using regular expressions is a good idea to solve the issue. This is a special case and I'm afraid there is no feature in Ranorex that does the work for you. This is the reason why there is no description in our user guide.

Regards,
Bernhard