Auto Open Reports

Ask general questions here.
Gunner1980

Auto Open Reports

Post by Gunner1980 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Once you have changed the folders where reports are stored, changed the name of the report, and you are using a custom stylsheet is it possible to get Ranorex Studio to auto open the reports as it used to when using report.setupdefault?

I would still like it to auto open my reports or at least the last report when I am in studio even if I have changed the report save location/name/stylesheet.

Ciege

Re: Auto Open Reports

Post by Ciege » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:23 pm

At the end of your script put in a call to start IE or the Ranorex report viewer with the name and path of your report file as a passed in argument.
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Gunner1980

Post by Gunner1980 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:05 pm

What if i have multiple reports for one test runner?

I have a test runner that creates 10 report files for example. I don't want it to open the report when 1 test finishes but instead want it to open all reports when all tests are done running.

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 pm

How are you calling your multiple tests? Does your terminology of "test runner" mean a separate launcher that launches each individual test?

I assume if that's the case, then it's the individual tests that have the responsibility for naming and creating the log files?

Again, if that's the case there are many solutions to this depending on how much you want to do.

You can:
*) Have each test, if called by the main launcher, return the path and name of its report. Then have the launcher open each report after all tests are finished.
*) Have each test write out the path and name of the current report to a text file somewhere. Then have the Launcher open that text file, iterate each report in the file and open each report after all tests have finished.
*) Etc... Just play around with the different ideas about how to pass the report path and name back to the launcher and have the launcher do the work of opening the reports when all testing is complete.
*) You could also have the launcher generate an HTML with links to each report when testing is compete, parse the reports and add a pass/fail/warning to the link page for each report. That way only the main report is opened with pass/fail info and you only need to open the reports that failed...
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Also, if all of your reports are stored in a central location (like a shared network drive or a local folder) you can try using the report dashboard utility that I wrote and posted here: http://www.ranorex.com/forum/anyone-wan ... t1453.html

Open the Zip on the second post.

Ciege...

Gunner1980

Post by Gunner1980 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Ciege your dashboard report utility is awesome! Is it alright if I use it? I am thinking of adding a pop up at the end of our tests that has a launch reports button that will launch your dashboard.

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Gracias!

Please, do use it, that's why I put it here. I did hope others would be able to benefit from it.

Ciege...