Automatic Class Naming of Recordings is wrong

Bug reports.
SeanP

Automatic Class Naming of Recordings is wrong

Post by SeanP » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:14 am

Ranorex,

When I create a new project and import multiple recordings to a project, the class names are incorrect.

In the case I have included below, the recordings all use the same class name and all have a void Start method which obviously will cause problems. Now if I have multiple recordings with different names, the first recordings class will be correctly named. The second takes the project name, the third takes the seconds class name and so on, one behind. Make sense?

I have posted screen shots of my first example. I would love to know if this can be fixed or if this is a known issue with a simple workaround.

Let me know if you would like more information.

Thanks,
Sean
Ver = 2.3.4

See the selected .cs file and the corresponding auto generated class names?
error1.JPG
error2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Class Naming of Recordings is wrong

Post by Support Team » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi,

Yes we know about that limitation. Please open your Recordings change something in it and then save it. If this steps are done, the code generations should be triggered and names should be correct.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

SeanP

Post by SeanP » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Is there a plan to fix it in the next release?

Also I tried changing something in the recording and the names did not change. I added a delay and also changed the duration of an item, separately and the code generator did no change the name of the objects...

I posted a few examples of adding items and saving with no results

Before adding delay items to the recording:
error1.JPG
After adding the delay items to the recording:
error2.JPG
Stuck :?

Sean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi,
SeanP wrote:Also I tried changing something in the recording and the names did not change. I added a delay and also changed the duration of an item, separately and the code generator did no change the name of the objects...
Please answer me one additional question. Have you copied, pasted, and renamed the recording over the file system from Windows or were these recordings generated by Ranorex? I ask you because, when I use Ranorex to create this recordings , I am not able to reproduce your issue. I can add the recordings to each project I want and I get no compiler errors, that this method already exists.
SeanP wrote:Is there a plan to fix it in the next release?
The code generation in a future version of Ranorex will be different and such issues shouldn't occur anymore.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

SeanP

Post by SeanP » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:29 pm

The recordings were done via the standalone Recorder application. The recordings were added via the "Add Existing Item" option in the project. I then found the recordings and added them and at this point is where the different objects were incorrectly named.

---> The work around I found was to rename the recording then name it back to the original to be worded correctly.

Do you know if the "future" release will be the next release?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 am

Hi,

Ranorex 3.0 should be available this year. But i cannot tell you an exact date.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team