Automation Helpers

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
loonquawl

Automation Helpers

Post by loonquawl » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi

The Ranorex Automation helpers have some neat code, in sometimes rather broad-sounding libraries ("Validation Library" only contains one Method - CompareValues) - I am now adding more methods to some of those libraries, but it just occurred to me that they may be in jeopardy in case of an update for the Ranorex Automation Helpers - does anybody know what happens to methods in libraries that get updated? Will they be deleted? will there be a prompt? What will happen if i happen to have a method that has the same name as a new method in the update-pack?

Thanks!

qwertzu

Re: Automation Helpers

Post by qwertzu » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi,
I had a project with an old automation helpers package and so after reading your post, I made some changes in the email module.
Afterwards, I updated the automation helpers to the latest version and I got a prompt, that there already exist modules with the same name.
I had to overwrite these modules in order to update the automation helpers.
So my changes within the email module were gone.
To sum up: When updating the automation helpers, custom changes within an automation helper module have to be removed.

regards, qwertzu

loonquawl

Post by loonquawl » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Thank you, qwertzu!
Do you know if it is possible (how?) to wite the custom code modules in a way so they will appear in the same library, but be safe from updating?

qwertzu

Post by qwertzu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:46 pm

hi loonquawl,
you could either try to create your own usercode collection in which you use the customized code, or simply save your code somewhere else as a backup and copy/paste your custom code changes after updating the automation helpers.

regards, qwertzu