Automation pause without any hint

Bug reports.
mind

Automation pause without any hint

Post by mind » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Hello,

I have a problem that occurs once in a while. The automation pause and won't continue. The process is still working and the ranorex execution window is still visible. Tonight the last message in this window was "Waiting for 400ms."

I don't know what happens.

Did ranorex write any log files for the run? Or is there a possibility to create a dump file? And is there a possibility to write the report even though the run isn't finished.

The test were done on a Win7 VM (virtual box). After the execution paused the VM is still available but it is not possible to continue the run.

Do you have any ideas? Or do you need further information?

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Re: Automation pause without any hint

Post by krstcs » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:25 pm

Without seeing your code it will be almost impossible to help.

The most likely reason is that there is something in user-code right after that delay ('Waiting for 400ms') that is having a problem.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

mind

Post by mind » Mon May 04, 2015 2:52 pm

I double checked the test run again. And at that point we don' use user code. The test pause between validation and a mouse click.

Maybe the problem is not related with the ranorex software. I found some abnormalities at our build system and the virtual box.

I'll keep you informed.

BTW: Is there anything I can do when ranorex stops working? Can i create some dump or support information to make it easier to find the problem?

Thanks

mind

Post by mind » Tue May 05, 2015 11:57 am

Hi there,

maybe the problem is related to the ranorex stdout. We use Cruise Control and Virtual Box to run our tests.
And we redirect the ranorex output through VBox to CC. CC had an exception and did not report anything anymore.

Is it possible that ranorex stops working when it can't deliver its logging output?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue May 05, 2015 3:07 pm

Hi mind,

This could be an issue with the progress dialog.
Please disable the progress dialog by disabling the setting "Show Progress Dialog" in the Test Suite settings dialog.

Regards,
Bernhard