Best practice to organize my Ranorex project

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
HansSchl

Best practice to organize my Ranorex project

Post by HansSchl » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi, we want to create a number of tests which use a common repository and common code. My co-workers and I want to create separate projects for each test so that we don't interfere with each other, but the common user code and common repository should be shared. Everything is stored in a subversion repository. I wonder whether the following directory structure is suitable, or if any best practices are established which suggest otherwise.

Code: Select all

TestCases
+-- Common
     +-- UserCode
     +-- Repositories
+-- TestCase1
+-- TestCase2
etc.

Stub

Re: Best practice to organize my Ranorex project

Post by Stub » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:20 am

I daresay there are umpteen different answers to this one, but I've got our Ranorex solution setup with multiple projects. There are utility libraries, Ranorex code module libraries, and occasionally some test-area-specific projects. Mostly though, I've organised a primary Ranorex test project with multiple Test Suites to better organise the Test Case structure and avoid pollution of the test naming space. I keep our repositories in one of the code module libraries so that the test projects themselves can all share common access to the application.