Bind data from 2 data connectors for a single testcase

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
vivek.guvva

Bind data from 2 data connectors for a single testcase

Post by vivek.guvva » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi,

I have a scenario where one testcase is a parent testcase of another testcase. I have used Sheet 1 of an excel sheet as data input sheet for variable binding of Parent testcase and named that as "DataConnector". Similarly, used Sheet 2 of an excel sheet as data input sheet for variable binding of Child testcase and named that as "DataConnector1". There are few variables in Child testcase that should take value from Parent testcase DataConnector. I am able to see the Data Column as DataConnector.Variable_Name in the "Data Binding" window and binded that data column with the Child testcase variables. When I try to run the test suite, I am getting the below error.

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
The type initializer for 'DMA.DMA.Recording1' threw an exception.
The given key was not present in the dictionary."

Please let me know how to resolve the issue. I need to use the variable value of parent testcase for the variables in child testcase.

vivek.guvva

Re: Bind data from 2 data connectors for a single testcase

Post by vivek.guvva » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Let me explain in a better way.

I have 2 testcases (2nd testcase is a child testcase of 1st testcase). Parent testcase uses 5 variables of which 3 variable needs to be used by Child testcase as well. Apart from these 3 variables, Child testcase has some other variables and I can put the 3 variables that are used by both Parent and Child testcases only in Excel data connector of Parent testcase. So, I have to access Parent testcase data connector and pass those parameter values to the child testcase.

Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks
Vivek.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bind data from 2 data connectors for a single testcase

Post by Support Team » Tue May 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi Vivek,

In order to analyze your issue in more detail, I would suggest getting in touch with us by email ([email protected]).

Additionally, please attach a sample solution of your purpose to your email.

We are looking forward to your email. We will be happy to help you with this.

Kind regards,
Matthias