"BodyWrapper" Error

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
agategroup

"BodyWrapper" Error

Post by agategroup » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Hi,

I have being having trouble with Ranorex playback. It can't pass a simple test from my application. it keeps saying 'Bodywrapper' of element not found.

I don't what else to do. My company wants to acquire ranorex. But if it can't pass simple test on our application. we might seek for other alternatives

afleitas
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: "BodyWrapper" Error

Post by afleitas » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Hello Agategroup,

In order to help you, can you provide us with the following so we can identify what exactly is occuring

- OS
- Provide us a Ranorex SnapShot (http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... files.html)
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
-Scott Adams :)

agategroup

Post by agategroup » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Hi, i am using a windows 8 Operating system. I have attached the snapshot

can i please get help Asap. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

afleitas
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by afleitas » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Is there a specific element you are having issue with? As far as I can tell, there is great object identification on this snapshot... Please provide full explanations.

Also, look into your xpaths for your repository elements.
Normal people... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
-Scott Adams :)

Fergal
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by Fergal » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:05 pm

agategroup if you close everything on your machine, except for Ranorex and the application you are testing, does the test run correctly then?

CookieMonster
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by CookieMonster » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:43 am

Hi agategroup,

Cloud you please post the XPath of the failing element and if possible the report log of error messages. May you have a wrong XPath in the repository and therefore the element can't be found.

Regards
Dan