breaking AHK scripts

Ask general questions here.
Chad

breaking AHK scripts

Post by Chad » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:26 am

Hi,

I'm a heavy AHK macro user and as soon as I load up Ranorex Studio things stop working as they should.
The macro below will under normal circumstances move the cursor to the left after each press of 'h', as long as the alt key is down. After loading Ranorex Studio only the first 'h' will activate the {Left} and alt would be left in the 'up' state causing an 'h' to be sent to the system rather than a {Left}.

Code: Select all

!h::Send {Left}
Is there any way to disable the Ranorex Studio hooks until they're needed for recording or spying? This also smells buggy as Studio shouldn't really affect the state/operation of any other application.

Anyways, I'd be happy to just get my keyboard to operation normally even if I have to toggle the Studio hooks manually.

tmcdoniel
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: breaking AHK scripts

Post by tmcdoniel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:54 pm

Hi Chad, if the testcases you're working on in Ranorex include a whitelist, then only those processes should be affected. If you're not using a whitelist then it tries to identify all processes. Here's a link to more information on whitelisting.
https://www.ranorex.com/help/v9.4/ranor ... telisting/
Sales Engineer @ Ranorex

Chad

Re: breaking AHK scripts

Post by Chad » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:53 am

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the keyboard is affected globally, even within Studio. This happens as soon as Spy or Studio is loaded and no matter the whitelist.