Bug with UserCodeCollections

Bug reports.
MJesper

Bug with UserCodeCollections

Post by MJesper » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Operating system: Windows 10
Ranorex version: 9.0.0

Hi, if you have a method with the same name in two different UserCodeCollections it can sometimes change to the last duplicate method.

I haven't been able to reproduce this, but it happends quite frequently and I have to keep changing back to the correct method, which is annoying. Might be worth noting that both methods has the exact same parameters.

Recently ranorex crashed when I tried to add a new Recording module, maybe that caused it to change method? I've no idea honestly.

I'm quite sure I don't pick the wrong method but rather it does this automaticly, I have an error check that will abort the test if the wrong Adapter is used in a method, and every time this bug occurs I get this error in the TestCase I'm currently working in.

At this point this is getting out of hand and I need some sort of fix. I'm really skeptical about changing names of the methods to something more "unique" since it (A.) decreases readability and (B.) will result in a huge refactoring process since each and single recording module who uses this user code method will get an error.

dugovic.milan

Re: Bug with UserCodeCollections

Post by dugovic.milan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Why do you have 2 different methods with the same name? Writing a code in Ranorex is like writing an OOP code in any other IDE like Visual Studio, hence you simply cannot build your project under these circumstances and await no errors.
Ranorex Explorer @DVAG
Support my Ranorex Ideas & Improvements
My current approach: Ranorex 8.3.0