Build error after updating 5.4 to 5.4.1

Ask general questions here.
Aracknid

Build error after updating 5.4 to 5.4.1

Post by Aracknid » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi,

I use MS Visual Studio 2012 to write my code. I loaded my solution and did a build with Ranorex 5.4 installed on Windows 10. No issues. I shut down VS and installed Ranorex 5.4.1. When complete, I started VS and loaded my solution and did a build (also tried clean an rebuild). I get the following error multiple times:

Type 'Ranorex.WindowsApp' in assembly 'Ranorex.Plugin.Wpf, Version=5.4.1.25490, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b798506b574ebc9a' has been forwarded to assembly 'Ranorex.Plugin.Uia'. Either a reference to 'Ranorex.Plugin.Uia' is missing from your project or the type 'Ranorex.WindowsApp' is missing from assembly 'Ranorex.Plugin.Uia'.

I also get similar error for 'Ranorex.UIAutomation' instead of 'Ranorex.WindowsApp'

What has changed, or what do I need to do to fix this...? I've got references in the project to both 'Ranorex.Plugin.Wpf' and 'Ranorex.Plugin.Uia'

Aracknid

Aracknid

Re: Build error after updating 5.4 to 5.4.1

Post by Aracknid » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:42 pm

OK, never mind.

I don't know what happened, but I went into my references before posting to check that everything was there, and it was. And it looked OK. But I rebooted and reloaded VS and project again and went and looked again, and the Ranorex.Plugin.Uia was not loaded in the references correctly (it was listed but the file was not found). I removed it and added it again and now it builds correctly.

Aracknid.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello Aracknid,

I’m glad that you could overcome the issue.

Regards,
Robert

Aracknid

Post by Aracknid » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:50 pm

I figured out what happened...

When I upgraded from 5.2 to 5.4, changes in Ranorex required that I add a reference to Ranorex.Plugin.Uia , which I did. However, it wasn't until I then upgraded from 5.4 to 5.4.1 that I realized the properties of the reference to Ranorex.Plugin.Uia where set to Specific Version=True, and thus why on every system I upgraded on and then opened my solution it couldn't find the file...

Aracknid