Build Times

Bug reports.
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Build Times

Post by Support Team » Mon May 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Gunner1980 wrote:I do not understand the logging issue though, where are these waiting 12ms and waiting 31ms items coming from
Could it be that you have multiple threads running in parallel and calling methods in the Delay class? That's the only thing that would explain to me where the "waiting for XXX ms" report messages come from.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Gunner1980

Post by Gunner1980 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 pm

I am not calling delays in those functions I showed you the user code. I don't know what you mean by running in parallel how do you do this?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue May 24, 2011 5:50 pm

Gunner1980 wrote:I am not calling delays in those functions I showed you the user code.
But you do use calls to methods of the Delay class in code?
Only those methods would create these "Waiting for ..." message in the progress window and these messages are also not put into the report, they are only shown in the progress window. As soon as a Delay method is called, it will write a message to the progress window, thereby overwriting the last message logged.
Gunner1980 wrote:I don't know what you mean by running in parallel how do you do this?
You can spawn multiple execution "threads" running in parallel, e.g. to handle pop-up dialog that could be shown at no pre-defined time:
http://www.ranorex.com/blog/handling-di ... up-windows

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Gunner1980

Post by Gunner1980 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:45 pm

No I am not calling delays in the user code, that is my point. This piece of code will display the waiting for 10ms.

Code: Select all

public void GetMagneticCourse()
        {
            Accessible accElement2 = new Accessible(repo.FormMainCreate.ListItemMagnetic_Course);
            string MCrs = accElement2.Value;
            ValidateTrack.AirValidateTrackRegression.MagCrs = MCrs;
            Report.Info("Magnetic Course Entered = " + MCrs);
        }
I never see the report.info when running the test instead it just displays some made up waiting statement.
I am seeing this all over the place in my recordings now. I even have one that says waiting for 18124060ms I'm fairly certain there is no way on gods green earth anyone would ever enter that as a delay.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu May 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi,
Gunner1980 wrote:This piece of code will display the waiting for 10ms.
This is really weird. I tried your code you posted, but I didn't get the 10ms delay as you told. Would it be possible to write us a tiny Ranorex Project with this issue with Windows Explorer for example, so we can reproduce the issue on our side.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team