Button not clicked on Windows Server 2008 R2

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
zivshapira

Button not clicked on Windows Server 2008 R2

Post by zivshapira » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:25 am

Hi

I've made a test case that works fine on Windows 7 IE 10. The Web application is Flex.
The specific step is a click on a button, as such:

body/flexobject/container/container/container[@id='_MainView_VGroup1']/element/container/container/container[@id='controlBarGroup']/button[@id='btnSubmit']

I've built and then ran the same test (same Ranorex runner and same browser version) on the build server agent - Windows 2008 R2 (teamcity). Then the button is found but not clicked - if i click it manually then the test continues.

1. Has anyone experienced this? any solutions?
2. Is developing on Win7 a problem when the execution is on Win Server 2008?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Button not clicked on Windows Server 2008 R2

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi,

No this shouldn't be a problem.
In order to analyze this issue in detail could you please send ([email protected]) or post two Ranorex snapshot files (one from each system) of that button?
If you are remotely working on that machine you could also disable the "Use asynchronous dispatching of mouse and keyboard events" setting as described here: Remotely Working with Ranorex in order to ensure that the mouse/keyboard actions work properly.

Thanks,
Markus

Aralmo

Re: Button not clicked on Windows Server 2008 R2

Post by Aralmo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:35 pm

I have the same problem, only in post buttons, and solved it using a mouse down / up instead.
Just keep your mouse pressed until exceeding the click time so it is recorded as down/up event, not perfect but works.