Button not found

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
bsing

Button not found

Post by bsing » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:41 am

Hi there,

I have a recording module that consists of a focus action and then a left mouse click on a toolbar button.

When I right-click on the button from the repository or from Ranorex Spy and select "Highlight" it can always find the toolbar button. However when I run the recording module Ranorex can never identify the button during run-time.

This recording module was working for me before I updated Ranorex a couple of times (and am now at version 4.1.4).

I have included a snapshot of the button.

Any help would be greate ... thanks Brad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BernhardS
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Button not found

Post by BernhardS » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Hello Brad,

It seems to be a timing issue. Can you please try to increase the Search Timeout of the button element in the repository and check if this solves the issue?

Regards,
Bernhard

bsing

Post by bsing » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:01 am

Hi Bernhard ... I have set the Search Timeout to 1min, and the Effective Timeout is 2 min ... and the search failed to find the button. After the script failed, I could highlight the button straight away from the repository.

MarkusT

Post by MarkusT » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:23 am

Hello Brad,

Unfortunately, we would need more information about your issue.

How do you run your test?
Do you run it via Ranorex Studio, Test Suite Runner or binary?
Does it make any difference if you run your test as administrator?
Do you experience this issue on other elements in your application as well?

Please add a new action 'Report.Snapshot' to your recording in order to create a snapshot during runtime.
After that, please post your compressed report file (*.rxzlog).
This would help us in analyzing your issue.

Hint:
You could right-click on your report (*.rxlog) in Windows Explorer and select 'Compress'.
This would create a compressed report file of an existing report.

Regards,
Markus (T)

bsing

Post by bsing » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:46 am

Hi Markus,

Everything is good now. I had my target cpu set to 64 bit, and my AUT was using 32 bit dll's.

Thanks for the help though.

Brad.