Can not enter anything to input box from keyboard on PC

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
skieur

Can not enter anything to input box from keyboard on PC

Post by skieur » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:17 am

Hi expert,

I am facing a critical issue, hope you can help me.

I use ranorex to run a case .This case is simple which just open a login page and enter username and password to login. I start to run the case from Jenkins and it will fail. The login page can be opened and the
cursor can be foucs in the input box but onthing is really filled in the input box.

However , if I run the case with ranorex studio directly , it can fill up info in the input .

I check the console output in Jenkins and find there is no error. The c# code seems works fine.

This really confused me.

Operating system: win10
Ranorex version: 6.2.1
Browser: chrome Version 56.0.2924.87

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Can not enter anything to input box from keyboard on PC

Post by odklizec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, without knowing more about the app under test and failing recording/code module, there is not much anyone here can do or suggest.

If I understand you right, there is no error issued in report? So it seems as if Ranorex thinks that the step, which fills the Input box, passed OK? Could you please tell us, which action is used for filling the input? Please post exact code or entire recording/code module.

Also, please make sure Ranorex settings are exactly the same on local machine as well as the Jenkins machine. Ideally, you should store the Ranorex setting in test suite.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration