Can't get cell value of Flex DataGrid

Bug reports.
alex

Can't get cell value of Flex DataGrid

Post by alex » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm using Ranorex to test Flex product.
I found Ranorex can't get cell value of DataGrid, so I can only use index to locate cell rather than cell value.

Version 3.1.0.13946, windows platform
runtime loader to test Flex(used Instrumentation Wizard to configure env)

Snapshot has attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't get cell value of Flex DataGrid

Post by Support Team » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi,
alex wrote:I'm using Ranorex to test Flex product.
I found Ranorex can't get cell value of DataGrid, so I can only use index to locate cell rather than cell value.
Would it be possible to post us the trace file of flex? Maybe we'll find an exception in this log file. To enable the tracing please take a look to following documentation http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... -flex.html.
The trace-file is nested in following folder "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs".
Another useful hint would be a code snippet of your datagrid. A code snippet of the mxml file how it is constructed.

Thank in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

alex

Post by alex » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:45 am

Support Team wrote:Hi,
alex wrote:I'm using Ranorex to test Flex product.
Would it be possible to post us the trace file of flex? Maybe we'll find an exception in this log file. To enable the tracing please take a look to following documentation http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... -flex.html.
The trace-file is nested in following folder "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs".
Another useful hint would be a code snippet of your datagrid. A code snippet of the mxml file how it is constructed.

Thank in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Hi log file is attached.
I'm not the developer, so I can't get the code.
Sorry for this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 am

Hi,

Did you use another Ranorex Instrumentation before you started to use the Instrumentation Wizard?
  • Automation Lib
  • Ranorex Module
I guess so, because I found following line in your log file "Ranorex: there seems to be no Flex or we are being preloaded"
If you use a double instrumentation Ranorex is not able to identify the elements. Therefore please check this with your developers if they use an older instrumentation. When they confirm this, then they should remove the old one and you can start automating with the new PreLoader instrumentation.
alex wrote:I'm not the developer, so I can't get the code.
Sorry for this.
No problem.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

alex

Post by alex » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:56 am

Hi,
I use only one method to load automation lib(Preloader).

This issue doesn't exist in 3.1.2.

Recently I got a RanorexAutomation.swf from your support team, it can produce log with more information. I tried this file and found this error reproduced.
So I supply the log file for your investigation. Maybe you can find more potential defects.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:14 am

Hi,

can you please resend the files after updated to 3.2?
Thanks

Regards,
Martin
Ranorex Support Team