Can't identify the element

Ask general questions here.
subodh4u7

Can't identify the element

Post by subodh4u7 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 am

Hi Experts,

I have test cases which are running fine my machine. However when I copy the same (Output folder which contains all the related files to the soultion) to other system, it's failing stating Can not find the element.

But When I run couple of times, out of 3 times it's passing one time. I am really puzzled now with such unexpected behavior.

Ranorex Version : 6.0.1
Application Type: Windows based

Please advise me.
Regards,
Subodh

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Can't identify the element

Post by odklizec » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:17 am

Hi

I'm afraid, that without knowing more about the AUT, without seeing your test and exact error message you are getting (report), it's almost impossible to provide a reasonable help.

The only thing that I can think of is different Ranorex configuration on that other system? Also, different OS and different version of runtime libs/.net could be the cause of your issue. If the system is too different form your local system (especially if the other system is a VM), it may be necessary to optimize the test for that other system. It may be possible that some elements are loaded slower than on the original system and this may cause a problem with expired search timeouts? This could be an issue especially if you are are using some hardcoded Delays in your test?

As mentioned, it's impossible to tell what's wrong without more details.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

subodh4u7

Post by subodh4u7 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:00 pm

Thanks Pavel.

Ranorex verison 6.0.1 is installed on both the machine with Windows 7 Enterprise with Service pack 1 64 bit operating system. I am not running on Virtual machine but on the physical machine.

Error is not able to identify the control as attached.
.net is what i see there is difference in between these two machines.

Please let me know whether this can help in figuring out the issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Subodh

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:15 pm

OK, please create a Ranorex snapshot of the problematic element on both systems. Then compare the xpaths from both systems (the one where it works with the other one). There must be a difference, which causes this problem.

BTW, I just noticed there is a search timeout set to 600ms. This may be way too short timeout! Is there a reason why you search for the element for such short time?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration