Can't save output or copy text of generated source code

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
daluu

Can't save output or copy text of generated source code

Post by daluu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:13 pm

Is this intended? When I attempt to save & open files, it says that this feature is not supported in the trial version (what trial version?!!!). I can select the text of the generated source code but I can't copy & paste it elsewhere.

This tool is in beta right now. I would assume beta does not equal trial version. What's the point of trying/testing out this beta if we can't even test all of its features? And the webpage about this tool does not list any limitations.

I just downloaded the tool yesterday, it has version number of 1.2.0.0 and file name is RanorexRecorder-1.2.0-Beta2.exe.

If these features are supported, I'm disappointed with the beta software release process here, because it seems I got the wrong file or this is a bad build.

FYI, I'd rather see a timed expiration than feature limitations in a beta product.

webops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webops » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:44 pm

Thank you for your feedback.
I'd rather see a timed expiration than feature limitations in a beta product.
We can send you a fully functional Trial of the last V1.2.0 Beta version if you send us your company information.
You get also a time limited RanorexPro version, so you can use and embed the generated source code into other applications.

Jenö
Ranorex Team

daluu

Post by daluu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:02 pm

admin wrote:...We can send you a fully functional Trial of the last V1.2.0 Beta version if you send us your company information.
You get also a time limited RanorexPro version, so you can use and embed the generated source code into other applications.

Jenö
Ranorex Team
2 questions and 1 response.

Questions:

1. So the "trial version" part of RanorexRecorder is intended? And we have to send company info to get a fully functional (and I assume time limited) version? If yes, you should mention this on the RanorexRecorder webpage. It can be a nuissance for some people, like me, to have to find out the hard way by trying out the "other" version first and then posting to this forum.

2. Does this mean RanorexRecorder only works with the Pro version of Ranorex for generating source code and compiling executables? Or can I use the generated source code with the free version of Ranorex.

Ideally, I'd prefer to purchase RanorexRecorder and customize generated code with the free version of Ranorex, only using the Pro version if I had to for some needed feature.

Response:

Yes, I would like to try out the fully functional trial of the last beta version. I will send info to contact address listed at your site, unless I should send elsewhere.

webops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webops » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:00 pm

...you should mention this on the RanorexRecorder webpage.
We updated the Recorder webpage with some important information.
Does this mean RanorexRecorder only works with the Pro version of Ranorex for generating source code and compiling executables?
Yes, the Recorder uses some features of the professional version, like exception handling and extended functions.
I would like to try out the fully functional trial of the last beta version.
We sent you a fully functional eveluation version of the last V1.2.0 Beta package.

Jenö
Ranorex Team