Can you elaborate on this release note?

Ask general questions here.
carsonw

Can you elaborate on this release note?

Post by carsonw » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Data variables (columns) are now writable and will be updated from module variables when a module is executed

I'm not quite sure what this feature is offering. Thanks!

cveith

Re: Can you elaborate on this release note?

Post by cveith » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:52 pm

It's an easy one ;)

You can bind the Datacolumns to the parameters of a test module.

When modifying the content of the parameter within the module, the actual value is placed back in the Databinding.

You can use this to change parameters during execution. Passing values from one module to another.

carsonw

Post by carsonw » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:17 pm

That's interesting - to be honest I've never used module parameters (just the databindings themselves).

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:54 pm

carsonw wrote:That's interesting - to be honest I've never used module parameters (just the databindings themselves).
Actually, I think cveith meant the data binding. After a module is executed, the current value of the data parameters/variables are updated from their bound module variables. Before 4.0 only bound parameters were updated.
As cveith already mentioned, this can be used to convey data from one module/test case to the next.
(The data source itself will still not be changed unless you call the StoreData method on the data connector directly. Only the cached data values will be changed.)

See the data binding section for more information on data variables and parameters:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... sting.html

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team