Cannot Connect To Android Studio Emulator

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
sheafox

Cannot Connect To Android Studio Emulator

Post by sheafox » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:21 pm

I have been trying for 2 days to get Ranorex to connect to an Android Studio emulator. No luck so far. The Endpoint shows error every time I try to connect to the device. I have created new AVDs but Ranorex cannot connect to these either. I have the latest Android SDks. Is this caused by a Windows firewall? Is there something else I am missing?

vseaver
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Cannot Connect To Android Studio Emulator

Post by vseaver » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:47 pm

Hi Sheafox,
Happy to help but I'm going to need more details. What workflow are you trying to follow? Are you following a webinar or our documentation? Step is it failing on. What's your error message? Please provide screenshots
Sales Engineer @ Ranorex

sheafox

Post by sheafox » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks for the response. I am trying to add an Endpoint in Ranorex Studio for an Android Studios AVD . The emulator is running but every time I add the endpoint it says connecting and then error. Ranorex Spy shows the last connection error on the mobile device as "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it." The Ranorex service is running on the emulator, usb debugging is enabled, and install unknown apps is on.

vseaver
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by vseaver » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi Sheafox,

Are you currently a customer? If so I recommend filing a support ticket. It sounds like its a problem with your AVD emulator blocking the request from Ranorex.

The android studio AVD system is pretty complex and quite finicky. I'm not really sure what's going on there and it's impossible to tell without more information
Sales Engineer @ Ranorex